Old November 23rd 15, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earl Grey[_2_]

Default Problem with door lock in my 2004 Honda Accord (tumblers?)

On 11/22/15 7:20 PM, NotMe wrote:
> "Earl Grey" > wrote in message
>> On 11/22/15 2:37 AM, wrote:
>>> Pls can I use the WD-40 for my ignition lock too. The master key refuses
>>> to go all d way in occasionally. Can I also use brake oil if I cant get
>>> the WD-40. Someone suggested that so I want to confirm. Thanks
>>>

>> Don't use WD40 on locks. It will gum them up. Use powdered graphite or
>> graphited lock fluid.

> Graphite in an electrical 'lock' is not wise either.

I'm curious, what exactly is an electrical lock?

Graphite not wise? It's been the standard lock lubricant since the
Lincoln administration ;-)

--
A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and
bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.