Old August 16th 12, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
Kevin Bottorff[_2_]

Default Slickness is gone once the transmission fluid was replaced

AD > wrote in
:

> On Aug 14, 5:19*pm, jim beam > wrote:

> .

>> > A4 B6 (made in late sept 2002)

> nics

>> > 75w80 or 75w90?

>> > I was pondering the idea of lighter weight oil to alleviate that
>> > shifting woe.

>> einstein's definition of insanity - keep doing the same thing but
>> expecting a different result.
>>

> I am not disputing the need to change the brand
> and possibly sucking up to buying oem at the hefty premium
> while going lighter weight.
>
>> just buy the right oil dude. *only don't get ripped off - buy online
>> an

>> pay half what you were quoted. *or less.

> thanks, though savings going online in my neck of wood ain't what they
> are in the states

I was just wondering, are you sure the trany uses that heavy of oil? most
modern manuals now use auto trany oil. if so that heavy of oil will deff
change the shift feel. KB (no I didn`t bother looking it up to see
myself)