Old July 31st 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2002 Chev g3500 one ton van running lights problem

The first question is can I get these to be off during the day? I've
been told that this is built into the design and cannot be
circumvented. On my wife's 2000 Bravada pressing the override button 4
times will accomplish this, but this trick does not work on my van.
Secondly, the running lights, (which seem to be the headlight low
beams) sometimes flicker constantly during daytime running rather than
being on steady. This will occur sporadically. I've also noticed that
when they do stay on they're not as bright as when you manually turn
the headlight switch on. A GM mechanic said that it was probably a bad
headlight switch. But why or how could a switch cause a predictible
and constant, at the same frequency, flicker? There is no trouble
during night time operation. Thanks, Lenny.