Old June 9th 07, 09:31 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default 166 2.5 Questions

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:51:26 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

>Ross wrote:

>> Could the car be an import?...perhaps lower spec than a UK car? Just
>> guessing!

>Interesting.not according to the V5, though.

You can't always easily tell. Mine's an import but it was first
registered with its first keeper (me) in the UK so clean 100% UK V5.
Also, I replaced the German service log book (with a German
pre-delivery inspection stamp) with the UK one. If I chose, it could
be *very* hard for someone to tell if it was an import or not.

Imports were commonplace back then and it sounds highly likely to be
one. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it though! It could, also, be a
so-called 'missbuild' or company/customer special order with a
non-standard spec. I saw about 20 of these (156s) at a main dealer in
2002 - a very odd lot, all going to a company.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)