Old September 26th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 2003 accord maintenance required light stuck on.

wrote in news:1190836236.137984.313120
@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> On Sep 25, 7:38 pm, Tegger > wrote:
>> "Jack Pott" <jack@> wrote in news:3pGdnV-
>> :

>> > Ummm, how do you do that?

>> If the DRL's are factory, put the parking brake on before turning the
>> ignition on.
>>
>> If the DRL's are aftermarket, pull its fuse, or read its manual.
>>

> I tried the reset with everything turned off and it did not work.
> Does anyone have an other suggestion?

You are following these directions /PRECISELY/?

1) Turn off the engine.

2) Press and hold the Select/Reset knob in the instrument panel, then turn
the ignition switch ON (II).

3) Hold the knob for approximately ten seconds until the indicator resets.

Your original post suggests you are turning the ignition on /before/
pressing the ODO button, which is incorrect.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/