Old August 29th 07, 01:08 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Chom_Noamsky

Default How good IS BMW's 6 cylinder engine?

I drive the **** out of my '03 330, it is fantastic.

I had a 540 before, so it seems slow to me but is very torqey and smooth.
Use that would be "abuse" to most cars seems to be desired by this engine...
push it hard and it feels best.
Cruises beautifully at 140-170 kph, revs are high, but smooth and powerful.

I have to add a litre of oil every now and then between changes tho...
The only thing about my e46 I dislike is the 5 speed... I should have waited
for the next year 6 speed tranny

.. .