Old December 18th 17, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.windows7.general
Diesel

Default Is there a database online for the number of shop hours a car repair should take?

Frank S >
news in alt.windows7.general, wrote:

> In <news > Rene Lamontagne said:
>
>> Try Chilton manuals
>> , Used to be our source waybackwhen.

> The original question asks for a database *online* for the shop
> hours for any given job.
>
> I know Mitchells has it in paper manuals but I'm seeking an
> *online* source.

A flatrate amount most likely isn't in paper manuals, but the time it
should take a qualified mechanic to do the repair is. As the repair
cost varies from shop to shop and location to location. The shop
owner sets the hourly rate, but, the software tells them how many
hours this or that job should take to complete.

> I just want the flat rate time. Online. If it exists.

It doesn't provide a flat rate, it provides the time it should take a
qualified mechanic to do the repair. The shop sets the price they
charge per hour.

--
Please visit our moderators personal page:
Now for a cheeky message from our sponsors: