Old December 14th 17, 06:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.windows7.general
micky

Default Is there a database online for the number of shop hours a car repair should take?

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 12 Dec 2017 21:04:23 -0500, Wolf K
> wrote:

>On 2017-12-12 17:07, micky wrote:
>> In alt.home.repair, on 11 Dec 2017 09:50:19 -0500,
>> (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>>> Presumably you get that $90 refunded when you get an engine rebuild, though.
>>> --scott

>> It was 4500 for a used engine and 6500 for a rebuilt one. Not worth it,
>> and he knew it.
>>

>That depends on how much additional transportation you buy. As my cars

I'm telling you all, it was not worth it and he knew it. And he said
from his pov, it wasn't worth it. It didn't depend on anything he
didn't know. It's not a 20,000 car, it was a $2800 car and a used
engine would have all the same chance of breaking that the first engine
did. He said the rebuilt engines were rebuilt with better parts than
the original, but it's still 6500. So it wasn't worth it and he knew
it.