Old November 8th 04, 01:59 AM
Dana H. Myers

Ken Zwyers wrote:
> The thing is, he was talking about my test driving it three months from now,
> when the inventory has grown a bit. They only had one in stock right now,
> and aren't letting anyone drive it - and I can fully understand that.
>
> My point was, he was pushing for a commitment from me right now, which I
> won't give.

Salespeople operate that way. It works with an amazing number of
people. The couple of times I've have had a saleperson try that tactic
on me, I've simply said "Hey, if you want to be my salesperson,
you've got to sell to me the way I want to be sold to, and this
isn't working right now". In one case I remember, the salesperson
apologized and then repeated the same exact tactic, and I politely
said "it's not working" and walked out. In all the other cases,
the conversation improved considerably. Show expect and expect
respect, it's a simple contract, sometimes you just have to
remind them.

Dana