Old February 1st 06, 11:45 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi 100 5cyl cold start problem

Got a major problem here kindof i think. Got a 1991 Audi 100 with a 5
cylinder 2.3 litre fuel injected engine.
you can crank it for ages and it will fire once or twice or sometimes
not fire at all and just keep cranking. This only happens when the
engine (water) is cold. If I spray ether into the intake manifold it
fires continually until I stop spraying but still will not start. I
have removed two of the fuel lines going to the injectors and there is
no fuel pumping up them but there is on the cold start fuel line. Im
not sure if thats normal or not. but if i push up the lever thingy
behind the air filter then fuel pumps very slowly up all the injector
fuel lines. help help help!!!!