Old November 15th 05, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Driver Ed

In article >,
Grant Edwards > wrote:

> I've been pulled over for failing to signal a turn (I still say
> I did signal). I've also been pulled over for a broken
> taillight lens, for accellerating where the speed limit changed
> from 25 to 55, and for passing in a no passing zone -- I did
> get a (deserved) ticked for that last one.

Many years ago, I got pulled over once for NOT passing an unmarked cop
car. There was a long line of slow (i.e., 5 mph below the speed limit)
cars ahead, and it was the beginning of a very long passing zone, with
about half a mile visibility and no oncoming traffic. I flipped on my
turn signal,started accelerating, and pulled out to pass...then saw the
Highway Patrol license plate and dropped back behing him. He hit his
lights, and I pulled dutifully onto the shoulder behind him.

I escaped with a warning, but he informed me that he could've cited me
for "failure to complete a pass," "driving on the wrong side of the
road," and some other stuff he probably made up since it wasn't going to
court anyway. I hadn't gotten above the speed limit, and we both knew it.

I think the trooper was just bored with following the same string of
slowpokes, and needed entertainment.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis