Old November 15th 05, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Driver Ed

Grant Edwards > wrote in
:

> I've also seen people get pulled over for crossing a
> double-white line, for illegally using a carpool ramp, and for
> running a red light.

I was pulled over on my motorcycle for not slowing down "soon enough"
for a construction zone!

I saw the construction and the sign saying "Prepare to stop" so I
slowed and was ready to stop at the stop sign but was waved over by a
highway patrolman just prior to stopping and, after the usual "License,
registration and insurance please" I was told I should have slowed
sooner(?!?!?). Then, the officer asked how I liked my bike and
proceeded to tell me all about his new Kawasaki Nomad! It wasn't hard
to figure he was bored standing in a construction zone miles from any
town and just wanted to talk motorcycles...... we had a nice chat for
about 15 minutes and then he waved me on my way, no more mention was
made about slowing down sooner. <G>