Old February 11th 05, 09:15 PM
Jim M

"79VetteNJ" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
>I would like to install 6"x9" speakers in the rear. Any premade boxes, not
> too big. I would like to still store my T-Tops back there.

Hello,

I recently installed an Alpine stereo system (cd/tuner/receiver) in my
1977 and put 6X9 speakers in the back. Just go to any stereo store and buy
the speaker wedges. Speakers were like 200 dollars (JBL) and a pair of
speaker wedges went for about 25 bucks. Still left lots of room for the
T-tops... You CAN buy specialty made wedges for the rear of a C3 at any web
based corvette parts supplier like www.corvetteamerica or
www.corvettecentral but is much cheaper to just buy regular wedges
....depends what you want though Hope that was of some
help....Jim