Old February 16th 12, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

Default Alternator regulator voltage / 2003 Accord, 4 cyl.

On 02/16/2012 06:52 AM, Tegger wrote:
> Alan > wrote in
> :
>

>> I just want to be sure that the reason the prior battery failed in
>> less than 1 year is not due to my alternator/VR output.
>>

> If the system was overcharging to the point of battery damage, you'd have
> substantial boil-off of battery fluid (as you originally noted), your
> headlights would appear a bit too bright, and light bulbs would be failing
> all over the car.

bull****. you can crank bulbs up to 16V fully unregulated with no
problems unless you run them for ages like that. much more expensive
and immediate is battery failure, or even potentially ecu failure.

over-voltage is a serious problem - it needs to be dealt with
immediately, and proper diagnostics used. waiting for "bulbs to blow"
is simply retarded.

> I think your previous battery was just defective. It happens. Don't know
> what kind of battery you bought, but I've had excellent experiences with
> Interstate, and with Eveready.

how many batteries do you want to see him get through before you figure
out that maybe batteries go before bulbs?

--
nomina rutrum rutrum