Old August 6th 10, 01:31 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default C5 normal trans temps

"FBNE" > wrote in message
>I was bored in traffic today and scrolled through the displays. I
>showed a trans temp at 218 and the engine temp at 229. The OAT was
>reading 108, probably closer to 103 real world. What is the normal
>ranging for trans temp? I see the engine temp run anywhere from low
>200s through 240 sitting in traffic on hot days like this.

My C6 6 speed runs at most 210 but it has a separate cooler and I've
never run in over 104 degrees, not the car indicator but a bank and a
radio station temperature. Never seen more than 220 on the coolant
temp but then I've never been caught in traffic at 103 degrees.