Old February 10th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

Default Seriously OT - So Michael... and Dave...

"Deputy Dog" > wrote in message

> "dwight" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> "Deputy Dog" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "dwight" > wrote in message
>> > . ..

> XSi.

>> > I gots my eye on the 40D :-) , which with out Georges check would be
>> > unaffordable. The credit card companies will keep getting their monthly
>> > donation out of the rgular budget.. Something about that weather sealed
>> > metal cased body is appealing to me.
>> >
>> > Dave

>> I hear you, Dave, but I think I'm going to keep chasing the glass and put
>> off replacing the body for another year or two. Let's see what comes down
>> the pike.
>>
>> dwight
>>

> I just relized that I must have sounded like RichA sounding of about the
> metal body sorry about that :-p. I seem to be happy with the glass I have
> now with the exception of the 18-55 kit lense. Don't get me wrong......I
> will at some point get the equivelent in L glass but for now its doing the
> job.
>
> Dave

I'm looking at this one to replace the kit lens:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...modeli d=8940

The 400mm prime should arrive by Wednesday, and I'll have it for two weeks.
After that, I'll play with this one for a time.

The cheap little 50mm is wonderful, and my new 100mm macro is excellent. The
kit lens is all that I have for wide angle, and it's not wide enough or
sharp enough. The 17-40mm may be my next lens.

dwight