Old April 3rd 05, 10:31 AM
John Wallace

The "freedom" that you talk about is (as these people will see it) an US
installed regime, with a US installed puppet president, in search of oil
for the benefit of the US.

They've been bombed by the US, starved by the US, then bombed again by
the US. They were told a pack of lies about needing to die because they
had WMDs, they had WMDs used against them and are dying of cancer, and
we expect them to be happy when we say "trust us, it'll all be okay".

As for the freedom, it comes with strings - embrace also the US
free-market economics. Aka, drop your pants and bend over. Look what it
did to Indonesia, look at Argentina and Brazil, look at Russia - these
countries were financially raped by us when their markets were opened.
Is it any wonder they question the desirability of our "freedom".

Let's be clear, Saddam was a monster, but if we're getting all misty
eyed about the "choice" we're giving the Iraqis, let's actually give
THEM the choice.