Old November 28th 05, 12:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Consumer Reports: Saturn

wow, Im not trolling here guys, but fish, ya make me laugh, think about it.
You have had your trusty Saturn 9 yrs and you question its reliability?

What Im saying here guys, is not deceptive. CR is biased and thier articles
are based on testing older models than what is currently availiable, if not
based upon outdated information. Thier reccomendation of the Focus IMHO was
reprehensible and biased, the '05 reviews on Saturns were based on outdated
info. 6 months after the VUE had been redesigned, CR was still publishing
that it failed the rollover testing which was incorrect as that issue was
already fixed. I could go on but I'll spare you.

Just so you know, we always keep a number of current mags at our desk
including CR so ppl can actually read the articles. When they get to CR, we
always have alternate (and more updated) info onhand to correct thier faux
pas.

Now IMHO, the ecotec engine is far better than the old shaky 1.9. Yes, the
ION is not a cute as the old S series and everyone says so in every mag. I
cant wait for the '08 makeover myself. As far as reliability, recent year
IONs have had a few more issues (especially electric and battery related)
but none critical enough to deserve the awful rap that CR gives it.

As far as safety, I will stand by the personal stories my customers have
told me throughout the years how even in a bad accident, they have walked
out of an ION virtually unscathed. No magazine portrays that as well as
physically speaking to a Saturn owner who has gone thru that and returns for
another ION.

Im not saying that the ION is the nicest looking, it isnt, nor am I saying
it is the most trouble free, it isnt, but my proof has always been talking
to actual owners which I do every day.

marx404