Old June 26th 12, 06:56 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Dad. Found you on CAC

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message
.com...
> You posted:
>
> "Now you got it, if they can't build cars anymore and need to work
> only on the bottom line and big pay for the big boys, scrap the
> Corvette. I bought my first one in Oct. 1956 and have dealt with
> that dealer every since, they sold out this month, can't make any
> money with the programs GM allows them. It's time for me to
> reconsider my buying habits when GM's best is not any better than
> many from off shore.
>
> I've owned and driven all six generations and was looking forward to
> the seventh, now not so much, sad."
>
> Here you even admit that many foreign cars are equal to GM's best
> (if you assume Corvette is GM's best). Pretty sad how messed up GM
> is today. Enough to make you want to buy German or Japanese.

What I post is as near fact as I know it, what you do is not so much
that way. What you have posted out of context or without the question
ask is something we see every day with our politicians, care to
validate what I said by adding the question? Try some of your
constant negative statements on CAC and see how you're received.

You also assume allot by thinking I think that the Corvette is GM's
best. I drive what I like and some of the time it is not the best,
I've stated that also. Even with GM's faults I'll never drive German
or Japanese and my buying habits may change dealerships but it will be
an American made car. Three of the most trouble free cars I've owned
was a Cadillac, Buick, and an Oldsmobile plus a number of trouble free
Chevrolets including Corvettes, and of the 50+ cars I've owned I had a
lemon in '63, BFD.

As a side note my granddaughter is on a 1200 mile road trip this week
in her Pontiac 2008 Grand Prix with well over 100,000 mile on it
because the Honda won't get the gas mileage it will. Yeah for the
Japanese cars.