Old June 16th 08, 12:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
KC[_2_]

Default Unable to Tighten GM Side Mount Battery Terminal

The car is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass with the 3.4L DOHC engine. The
negative battery cable terminal will not get very tight when attached
to the battery.

I can snug it up to where it just begins to get tight, but that is as
much as I can get out of it. It feels as though there is not enough
depth to the terminal threads going in to the battery. The other
terminal tightens up normally and has no problems. The threads in the
battery are fine. I have tried other batteries and have the same
problem with the negative battery terminal..

Has anyone else ran across this issue before, and if so how did you
fix the problem?. I am planning on replacing the whole cable, but
would like to know if there is anything else I should try first.

Thanks in advance for your help.