Old October 14th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot

Default Vista license agreement is a joke

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:34:51 -0500, mls067 wrote:

> NP, I think only time will tell. From what I got out of the article, the
> EULA only clarifies but doesn't change what we can do, and I emphasise
> "can do".

But the XP retail EULA is clearly not worded as that article is suggesting.
It is not a clarification IMO because the XP EULA clearly states I can
transfer my copy of XP retail to another PC. It says nothing about how many
times. Vista EULA says I can only do that once. How can they clarify an
EULA that doesn't even suggest say what they are saying?

>According to this article we are under the same rules with
> XP, but I am using the same copy of XP on my 3rd build. It only exists
> on one computer at this moment but I have installed it on each major
> upgrade (motherboard, cpu, hard drive) without a problem. Yes I had to
> activate but I was never prevented from installing it (I'm not saying
> that XP has the ability to prevent someone from installing it multiple
> times as some are saying Vista will do)). Now here is something funny. I
> installed alcohol 120% and had to call Microsoft and do some 'splainin.
> The woman on the other end said she has never heard of that program
> triggering a re-activation.

I had Winamp install trigger activation on me once. It was either Winamp or
that damned Starforce ****e.