Old November 18th 05, 06:52 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

Default Honda "Drive by Wire" question... what if the power goes out?

Hugo Schmeisser wrote:

> Theodrake wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> > Only drive by wire tech I can find on the Honda is a Throttle System.
> > I would hope that if there is a loss of power that the system
> > supplies a small throttle input until you pull off the road and shut
> > the car down???

> I am slightly puzzled why everyone seems to assume "drive by wire" has
> anything at all to do with the steering.

That's because of the car shows on TV. They show the prototype drive by
wire vehicles as basic body modules you can just plug into one
platform. You know, drive the sports body for the week and drop the SUV
body on for the weekend type trip...

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Aug./05 http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2120343242