Old March 16th 13, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.autos.bmw
amdx[_2_]

Default What is the root of this BMW design flaw in all 3,5,7 seriesBMW trunk wiring looms?

On 3/15/2013 5:36 PM, Mark wrote:
> -
>>
>>> i had the exact same thing happen in the rear door wiring in a 95
>>> toyota camry.

>>> Mark

>> Ya, how many "door handles" have broke on you?

> snip
>
> my wife broke the inside passenger side..
>
> i've learned to use only two fingers to pull on the handles, don't
> grab them.
>
> i agree they are not very rugged...
> but it's about the only flaw i've found with that car (knock knock)

The inside handles seem to be designed to break at the 8 to 10 year
mark. The have a slot molded in to the highest stress point, I might add
I don't see any reason for it. Other than to help the dealer sell
replacement handles.
Other than the door handles I'm a happy Toyota owner, had a Camry,
have a T-100 still a sharp looking truck, have a Lexus and an Avalon.
My wife is a persistent patient shopper, and will wait until she finds
a great used car at a steal.
Mikek