Old March 15th 13, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.autos.bmw
Mark[_1_]

Default What is the root of this BMW design flaw in all 3,5,7 series BMWtrunk wiring looms?

-

> > i had the exact same thing happen in the rear door wiring in a 95
> > toyota camry.

> > Mark

> * *Ya, how many "door handles" have broke on you?

snip

my wife broke the inside passenger side..

i've learned to use only two fingers to pull on the handles, don't
grab them.

i agree they are not very rugged...
but it's about the only flaw i've found with that car (knock knock)

besides the rear door wires which i understand like the BMW is a very
common spot for wires to break on this car...

and interestingly the rear door is used maybe 1/100 of the time
compared to the drivers door so you would have to think there is
something "special" about the way those particular wires are designed
and/or built to make them break before the drivers door wires break

Mark