Old March 15th 13, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.autos.bmw
amdx

Default What is the root of this BMW design flaw in all 3,5,7 seriesBMW trunk wiring looms?

On 3/14/2013 11:34 AM, Mark wrote:

>> the fix is both better wire insulation that doesn't become brittle, AND
>> re-routing to avoid the elbow bend. then you can keep using cheap wire
>> and don't need to spend money on the expensive hi-flex stuff.
>>
>> --

> i had the exact same thing happen in the rear door wiring in a 95
> toyota camry.
>
> Mark

Ya, how many "door handles" have broke on you?
I'm up to 6 on 4 vehicles, 4 inside and 2 outside.
I haven't rewarded them for their poor build.
I drill and epoxy two steel pins on the inside handles and
put two stainless steel flat head screws in the outside handles.
Haven't had any repairs break. I'd almost recommend my outside door
handle repair as preventative.
Mikek

If you're going to blame me for being rough on door handles, I'll
have to say it must be hereditary and spread by marriage. All 4
in my family has broke one and my son-in-law.