Old March 14th 13, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.autos.bmw
[email protected][_2_]

Default What is the root of this BMW design flaw in all 3,5,7 series BMWtrunk wiring looms?

On Mar 14, 10:54*am, Bimmer Owner > wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 06:18:22 -0700, wrote:
> > Instead of using decent wire suited to the application,
> > the Europeans chose to use some green hippie wire,
> > that not only costs more, but fails.....

> Maybe. But why does it always fail at the same spot.
>
> That can't be due to the poor choice of insulation, can it?

Of course it can be. If BMW uses some hippie green
insulation that isn't as pliable as other insulation, then
the insulation will crack. We can't do a forensic investigation
from some pics that don't show how it's mounted, how
much it moves, what tensions are on it, etc. But I'd bet
that area has more bending, tension, etc than the rest of
it.