Old July 3rd 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Homer[_3_]

Default left engine running too long!

"Tommy" > wrote in message
news
> Homer wrote:
>> Could it be a failing fuel pump relay?
>>
>> Homer

> What ? A common sense reply?
>
> No place here for that sort of thing :-))

I just wanted to prevent someone from experiencing what is now just a
painful memory for me.
My relay started to fail intermittently and I was stranded at a stop light.
A local police car pulled up behind me
( I had already called for a tow truck and had my emergency lights flashing)
and the officer used the prowler to push me through the intersection,
thereby causing over $500 damage to the bumper for the sake if a $50 relay.
Sorry for the breach of etiquette.
I will do my best to resist such outbursts in future postings. ;-)

Homer