Old November 18th 05, 07:18 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

Default Honda "Drive by Wire" question... what if the power goes out?

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:05:04 GMT "C. E. White" > wrote:

> Failure of the fly by wire throttle system is not more dangerous, or likely,
> than the failure of a traditional throttle cable (I've had two of those fail
> in my life). The most likely failure mode is the engine dropping back to
> idle. I feel certain that you'll be able to control the car if this happens.

Too many years ago (high-school years), I went to pick up
a friend to go to school. As I pulled into their driveway,
which was on an incline, I had to tap the gas pedal to
get up the driveway. I hadnt realized it, but one of the
motor mounts was broken, and when I tapped the pedal, the
engine twisted up on one side, "pulling" on the throttle
linkage, and thereby going wide-open-throttle. I immediately
locked the brakes and turned the key off just a couple of
feet away from their garage door

--
remove MYSHOES to email