Old January 7th 13, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Loved my SL2

Default Prove to my insurance that my car has ABS?

> millinghill wrote:
>
> I have a 2001 Saturn SL1. It has ABS. I know because the dashboard
> light says so, and it has saved me from skidding numerous times.
> My insurance company is not convinced. Their underwriter says that
> ABS was not standard on my car. That may be the case, but my car
> _HAS_ ABS. I'm not the original owner, so I don't have the original
> sticker. Is there any proof I can offer them so I can get the ABS
> discount on my insurance? Does the VIN have a code that identifies
> this option was implemented?? Is there some other sticker somewhere
> that would indicate?
> Thanks
> Theodore

Yikes! Next time, open hood, take photo and text it to your insurance company.

Above driver's side wheel well area near the firewall is the black painted
power brake unit.
Attached front center is the metal brake master cylinder that has a plastic
brake fluid reservoir atop of it.
Follow the metal tubes from master cylinder to nearby (inches!) metal box with
some electric cables and more metal tubes attached.
That box is the ABS unit. No box, no ABS.

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/saturn/pr...abs-20865-.htm