Old November 3rd 10, 10:55 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

Default Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

On 2010-11-03 18:24:55 -0400, Clive > said:

> In message <2010110315522443658-davplac@aolcom>, D. LaCourse
> > writes
>> Well, it is not exacty the same as heating oil, but it does require a
>> helluva lot less refining than gasoline. And, yes, I am aware of its
>> many uses - trains, boats, trucks, cars, etc. It still does not
>> explain why it is more expensive. However a quick google reveals this:
>> http://www.wisegeek.com/why-is-diese...-than-gasoline.
>> htm
>> Ta da! Question answered and it is as I thought it might be: supply
>> and demand.

> Only applies in America most of the rest of the world taxes diesel fuel
> lighter than petrol but in the UK the taxes are the same.

You saw, by the article, Clive, that the taxes on diesel if far greater
than gasoline. The government logic is that diesel is used by
companies (RR, trucks, busses, etc), while gasoline is used by Joe
Citizen. Don't want to tax him, now, do we? d;o)

The U.S. is in one helluva mess right now. News today is that the Fed
is monitizing another $600 billion of our debt. That's in addition to
the over $1 TRILLION we have already monitized. We are in deep doodoo.
This tax and spend way of thinking has got to come to a screaching
halt. Soon!

Have a good one, Clive. I have visited your country several times and
it is very lovely. My wife and I have friends that just retired and
have moved to England. Perhaps they know something we don't know. d;o(

Dave