Old July 1st 04, 02:59 AM
Art

Many years ago there was a PBS show on Saturn and the factory. Made a big
deal of how all the panels for a particular car were made from the same
batch of plastic. Then in another scene they showed where imperfect panels
were dumped. What I found amusing was that logic would follow that if one
panel for a car was bad, all panels should be dumped but the pile seemed to
be individual panels. I'm sure there's a good explanation but kind of
amusing.

Reminded me of another PBS special on building the Boeing 777 jet. They had
a new door design and wanted to make sure that the door could be opened
after being very cold 30000 feet above the earth. So they took the assembly
and put it in a freezer overnight and were happy that the door opened the
next day. Seemed to me to be a defective test since the inside of the
assembly should have been kept at room temperature.

"Seamus's Stuff" > wrote in message

> "twinkie" > wrote in message
> > GM was always in control of Saturn.
> > after all it was their $$$$$$ that created Saturn.
> > to think otherwise is mere folly.
> >

> There is only a couple of more years for polymer panels on Saturn

products.
> How
> do I know this....My boss...General Motors...has told me this. And if GM
> does
> not convert Spring Hill to steel panels not only will polymer panels be

gone
> from Saturn products....so will I from GM employment, as Spring Hill
> Manufacturing will be no more.
>
> So if you like cars/SUV's with polymer panels, get them now while they are
> still
> being produced. I liked them well enough I have 2 Lumina APV minivans in

my