Old December 3rd 10, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob Cooper

Default can front wheel bearings be damaged

In article >,
says...

> On 2010-12-03, jim beam > wrote:
>

> If you cannot understand basic tolerancing there's no point in
> continuing. I'm not even going to bother reading the rest. three
> strikes.

While whiskey head and the paranoid guy circle jerk, poor Nate doesn't
get his questions answered.
I'll do it.
No, tire rotation won't affect your bearings.
Maybe if you put on a square tire.
That's stupid, and so is rotating tires.
If tires are wearing unevenly, address the alignment problem.
If a bearing goes bad, replace the bearing.

Only time to switch around tires is when replacing.
When the fronts are worn too much on a FWD Impala, throw them away, put
the rears on the front, and new tires on the rear.
Simple as all get out.

Any wear problem on Impala fronts is caused by poor alignment.
Have alignment done by by somebody who knows how to do it right.
Rear alignment on some Impalas is impossible because they are screwed
from the factory, and destroy rear tires. Luck of the draw.
If you have a rear wear problem, get the spindle rod kit.
Google Impala GM bulletin CSP-08032.
That fixes that.
You can whine about GM, or just fix the problems and get on with your
life.

Problems solved, so I'm off to do other good deeds.