Old January 26th 05, 10:04 AM
Billy Bad Assr©

> I changed the battery in my highly maintained 94 Lumina 3.1 after I
> noticed that it was cranking slow on cold days.

Batteries tend to do that on cold days!

> I had to remove the air box and connector to the airbox hose to get the
> battery out. Now that I have this simple task done, I start it up and the

idle
> bounces from 500- 1000 rpm over and over again. I figure the ecm needs to
> relearn things so I drive it 5 miles. No luck.

That's what you get for thinking! --I always find it is allot cheaper to
trouble-shoot 1st!! Once the issue is properly diagnosed -- then attempt to fix!

> and eratic to the point of stalling at the next. I checked all vacuum lines.
> Nothing out of place. I remove the airbox hose to check for cracks. It looks
> good. By this time it is dark and I haven't looked at it further. Today I will
> paper clip the aldl and look for set codes and reset the ECM.

YEAH -- surrre --Why do people insist on ****ing with the ECM -- I just don't
get it <Dropping & Shaking Head> !!!

Why fix-it if it is not broken????

> any ideas on what is going on here? I keep thinking IAC valve but that is just
> a wild guess and what does that have to do with changing the battery? I will
> also add that I cleaned and lightly greased the connectors. I don't get a

check
> engine light. Thanks for any input.

Yeah, I recommend that you check the loose >NUT< behind the wheel!!!!

--
BBA
°?°