Old June 16th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default PICS - 2008 Ford Bullitt Mustang

On Jun 15, 6:58 pm, Kruse > wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2:50 pm, wrote:
>
> > BUT yest the car rocked. and the car chase.

> Not to knock the mustang or the movie here, (I'd view it again in a
> second) but I recall an interview with some of the
> people who set up both cars and in all the filming, the charger (or
> chargers if they used several) held up real well and were a dream on
> the set while the mustang or I believe mustangs had to be beefed up
> and as far as holding up during filming, were a real POS. However,
> maybe the interview was biased, who knows?
>
> But yea, the car in the movie rocked. Seems to me though that they
> really screwed up with the sound effects. If I recall, the charger had
> an automatic, but the sound effects were from a manual tranny,
> correct? Or am I dreaming?

I beleive that is true also. The mustang just couldnt handle the
jumps. The charger is a bigger car isnt it? Probly came stock with
stronger suspention. I know for sure that the sound effects from the
mustang were actually from a V12 Ford GT, I beleive. That car chase is
amazing in everyway, even the mistakes they made. The same white VW
bug drives by them like 5 times!