Old March 1st 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default South Dakota to impose total alcohol prohibition on anyone convicted of drunk driving.

In article ews.net>, Mike T. wrote:

>> Attorney General Larry LongThe South Dakota state legislature last week
>> approved a statewide program that imposes a complete alcohol prohibition
>> on those convicted of driving under the influence (DUI). The program,
>> entitled "24/7 Sobriety," would mandate alcohol testing at a local
>> sheriff's office once in the morning and again in the evening. State
>> Attorney General Larry Long promoted the idea which was unanimously
>> adopted in the Senate on Friday and the House on February 15."

> Holy ****, anybody see the problem with this idea?

I see many. But figured it best to prevent without comment.

> Before you get smart, I don't drink, at all. Ever.

Isn't it sad that instead of examinining the problems, people would just
accuse a person of being a drunk for objecting?

> But there are only a couple counties in that
> whole state large enough to have a "local sheriff's office". Is there going
> to be a line 5 miles long at those two offices every morning? Get through
> the line many hours later, and then get back IN the line to do the afternoon
> testing? Damn, someone really dropped the ball on this one. Talk about a
> logistical nightmare. Wouldn't this fall under cruel and unusual punishment
> by forcing DUIs to lose their job as they are constantly absent because they
> are standing in line at the sheriff's office???????????????? -Dave

That's the least of the problems... my initial comment was going to be a
remark such as: 'wait until they get around to trans-fats'