Old May 1st 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

On Mon, 1 May 2006 09:22:06 -0400, "Bill Jarrett" >
wrote:

>Can you drive with the top down and without the tonneau on, without damaging
>the top? At lower speeds? A highway speeds?
>
>The car doesn't yet have 1000 km (600 miles) on it. Will the mileage
>improve? ( V6 - 5 speed auto transmission) Yesterday we drove 300 km mostly
>on cruise at 110km/hr and only got 31mpg (imperial gallon).
>
>Thanks
>

>Bill (A young at heart old fart)

The data you quote equates to 25 MPH (American Gallon) which is within
the EPA guidelines of 19/25 for the V-6. You may see a slight rise in
mileage as you get more miles on the car, however I wouldn't
anticipate it, rather be happy if you see it and consider it a
"pleasant suprise"

As for driving without the tonneau, for short trips it shouldn't
matter, but who would want a "sporty car" and screw up the illusion
with a "naked convertible top" ???

You do have an "image" to keep LOL

John