Old November 20th 05, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Is My Electrical Diagnosis Correct?

> wrote in message
. net...

> "Julie P." > wrote in message
>
>> QUESTION 3: How do I get my shift stick knob off if it is stuck on?

> Usually there is a horseshoe or staple shaped clip that holds the knob on.
> It usually goes on the front of the knob, where it is not easily seen..
> If
> yours
> is of this ilk, just pry it out and the knob should come off.
>

> I will try to reconstruct your schematic and make a guess.

Thanks HLS. But I did take the U-clip off. And the knob was still stuck on
the stick. Should I just yank on it with all my strength (without trying to
hold the stick down)? Will I damage the tranny? Or will I yank the stick out
fo the tranny if I did this?

Julie