Old March 23rd 05, 03:02 AM
L Sternn

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:25:35 -0500, Car > wrote:

>From the Hartford Courant
>
>Trooper Suspended 15 Days
>
>Response To 911 Call Called Inappropriate
>
>By TRACY GORDON FOX
>Courant Staff Writer
>
>March 22, 2005
>
>A state trooper was suspended for 15 days without pay Monday
>for telling the friend of a seriously injured motorcyclist
>"too bad," and hanging up on him when he called 911 for help
>last August.
>
>State police said Trooper Robert Peasley's behavior did not
>affect the response time to the accident or contribute to the
>death of Justin Sawyer, 21, of Bozrah. Sawyer died of head
>injuries several days after the crash in Bozrah.

Given the information in the remainder of the article, I'd really love
to know how they came to that conclusion.

One possible explanation. The cops were all tied up with something
else and it wouldn't have mattered if there was even a 911 system as
opposed to simply calling the police department's main number. In
fact, it may not have mattered if they had called Domino's for pizza
and waited for it to be delivered before they called 911.

But yes, I think he should be fired. Even if his actions did not
result in slower response, they certainly could have.