Old September 5th 13, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
KWW[_2_]

Default 2002 Civic AC works sometimes, other times it blows hot

My daughter's 2002 Civic LX has an odd AC issue. Sometimes it blows very
cold (even when the temperature is 100+ degrees outside) and other times
it does not. We have tried jiggling the fan speed, temperature control,
AC, and vent switches since on some vehicles those switches get "bad
spots" and it we have had ACs cut in and out. there doesn't seem to be
a pattern to this.

We had it in for service a while ago and they discovered a leaky hose
which they replaced and recharged the system. It tended to work but the
intermittent ability to cool still lingers.

Anyone have experience or knowledge about this type of issue?
Thanks.