Old December 5th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
E. Meyer

Default Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

On 12/4/08 5:55 PM, in article ,
"Vic Smith" > wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:55:07 GMT, "E. Meyer" >
> wrote:
>

>>> As far as I know driver's ed is still a HS graduation requirement in
>>> Illinois.

>> When did they start doing that? It certainly was not a graduation
>> requirement in Illinois when I went to high school there. It was offered in
>> most schools, but only as an extra cost after school activity.
>>

> Don't know when they started.
> I recall they were permitted at 15 - at school - got initial
> instruction at school, and had to spend some hours driving with a
> licensed driver - it was sometimes me, sometimes my wife - then
> did the test at school when they were 16.
> They just picked up the license at the DMV.
> DMV randomly tests some dates - my son caught that so was tested
> twice.
> They didn't even offer it when I was in school.
> My last two graduated in 2002 and 2003.
> It was required. Just like the Constitution test.
>
> --Vic

I guess I'm just too old. There was no constitution test when I went to HS
in Illinois either (class of '68). I do remember the last time I had to
drive in Illinois I observed a near universal disregard for virtually all
the rules of the road and near total lack of enforcement that would have
blown our minds back in the '60s.