Old March 23rd 13, 09:45 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default "cockpitLookDeadZone" affects Centering Spring

Tony R:
Mario Petrinovic:
> Tony R:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Tony R:
>> Mario Petrinovic:
>>> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
>>> all of the above, and I am back where I was before.

>> I just can't believe it to be true!
>>
>> Well Tony, I was in the same testing session that you were (you were
>> already gone by then), and I was faster than you, using only stock
>> baseline Skippy setup.
>> I am telling you, put this rocking chair into garbage, whenever I
>> see that somebody isn't fast, I know he is using that rocking chair. It
>> DOESN'T simulate middle ear racing sensations. FFB wheel DOES simulate
>> wheel
>> forces, but, if that rocking chair simulates anything else but rolling in
>> boat, then something is wrong with your middle ear, Tony.

> lol, that was my first ever five laps at Mid-Ohio Short. I guess your
> first session was in the rocking chair too, judging by the stats?
>
> A lot of times I am just trying out some impossible FFB settings,
> just to prove them being wrong. When I start, I usually start from too
> low,
> or too high.

So you are actually saying that making sweeping judgements on other
member's times in test sessions is pointless then? Glad we have
established that!

Definitely isn't pointless. I just said what I noticed. Whoever
noticed something else, I'll be very glad to hear it. More knowledge, the
better.
I suppose, you are suggesting that we keep quiet about what we are
noticing, to "not distrub the gods", who will be very dissatisfied with us
for spreding "the word", and punish us to roll the rock up the hill whole
our lifes.