Old July 17th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

Default Brake issues

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:53:33 -0700, Brian >
wrote:

>I have a 1979 Vette and I have an issue with the brakes. At one time I
>had brakes and I had all new pads put on as I was having the entire
>car serviced. I put a new left front caliper on and I had good brakes
>for about two to three months. I drove the car to Virginia to put it
>in my families garage as I was getting deployed to Iraq for one year.
>As I was driving the car to Virginia about 200 miles into the trip I
>went to pull off and get gas when the brakes failed s the pedal went
>to the floor. After my deployment I brought it back home, in DE, where
>I replaced the master cylinder, and the left front caliper and I bled
>all the brakes and bench bled the master cylinder and I still am
>unable to get pedal. All calipers are expelling fluid as I bleed them
>and I realize that there are 2 bleeders in the rear calipers. I am
>having issues with the fluid coming out of the new caliper but the
>flex hose has fluid coming out before I put it on the caliper and I
>can not get any pedal at all. The brake light continues to stay on and
>I checked to see if I had a bad booster but it seems to be alright as
>I removed the hose and there is suction and the the brakes get hard
>until I put the hose back on and the brakes go soft again. Can anyone
>help me with this issue? Any ideas? Thanks. Brian

Brian
Have you had ALL the calibers checked..?
I have a funny feeling you have one or more that are sucking air into
the system.. and it is NOT at all uncommon especially if they sit
unused for a short period of time...

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Ragtops
76 & 79 Coupes