Old November 23rd 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Default Frex SimConMotion

I can tell you where you are wrong, 1st off your simulating the forces
applied the the body of a person, who is in the cockpit of a car/plane/train
(stationary object inside a moving object) which is all done in combination
with inherent visual cues from the games (notice the screen moves with
you)...

But, ride in the back of my pickup, when I gass the throttle, and you are
standing up, you will fall backwards. It isnt really because you did
anything but shifted the direction of center of gravity... in a chair
however if mounted sturdy, you would just feel increased "G" forces which is
being basically weight distributing across your bones and muscles. Much in
the way tipping a chair backwards makes your body "shift it's weight" from
the bottom of your butt to the back and {arms? as you catch yourself in some
cases}... So the tilting platform to the right, to simulate the body being
in a tight left turn, well It seems to simulate gforce loading of bones and
muscles. Now, I agree, that the Frex cannot really simulate accurately, the
forces of you hitting the wall at anything above running barfoot 12 year old
could do top speed, I would guess for no other reason than legal liability
as death could happen (and power demands LOL)...

If you have not tried the "state fair" simulation movie theater trialers,
your missing out, and I do know that when the picture dies, the motiions of
the chairs and stuff are downright goofy and you are left with WTF feelings,
but at the same time, if you dont have your tongue just right you will
almost bite the damn thing off...