Old December 9th 05, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default A New Category of Sloth

We have already identified several categories of Sloth, including

* Sloth Mergers, the doddering ninnies who take the on-ramp at 45 MPH

* Sloth Coasters, the guys who take their foot off the gas whenever
they see a red light (or even a "stale green") somewhere before the
horizon

* Sloth Passers, the pricks who get into the passing lane and procees
to "pass" the other vehicle with a 0.001 MPH speed differential,
causing the pass to last forever

* Sloth Speeders, the Sloths who accelerate like molasses in January
but keep right on accelerating; eventually, if they have enough
running room, they will get up to 80 MPH

And now there are Sloth Spoilers, the assholes who sit right next to
you and match the speed of the Sloth in front of you, preventing you
from changing into the wide open lane in front of the SS and escaping
the trap. To escape their clutches, you have to slow down to a speed
even lower than the SS, change lanes behind him twice, and then punch
it - that's assuming you have at least 3 traffic lanes with which to
work. If there are only 2 lanes, you're screwed.

Of all the different kinds of Sloth, I think I hate the Sloth Spoilers
the most.