Old October 5th 12, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Max Welton

Default Back from the dead

On Friday, October 5, 2012 3:30:32 PM UTC-6, AllanW wrote:
> EFI is SO much better than carbs - the control is awesome and it's quite
>
> impressive how much fuel it saves!

Well, I'm getting around 30-31 from the MS/squareback. The 1600DP in the baja gets 33-34 (in the summer) with an ordinary 34pic3. So carbs can do just fine.

But Megasquirt is infinitely more adjustable once you get used to programming it. With my DCNFs, I was always waiting for another set of jets (at $8 a jet) so I could try something different. With MS I can try 5 different things in one afternoon just using a laptop.

Max