Old January 27th 13, 09:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default 406 Twin Turbo

"tww1491" > wrote in message
> The other day when I was out in my S2000, I ran across a young USAF
> Capt who was driving what seemed to be a unique Corvette (c5). He
> claimed it was a 406 twin turbo. Certainly sounded the part. I did
> not ask him anything about power although I opined the car was far
> faster than anyone could drive. Research on the WEB indicates this
> engine produces 1200 hp at 5800 rpm and is a daily driver. True?
> My S2000 pales in comparison although I have to wonder where in the
> heck you could drive something like that. Probably "old hat" to Dad
> and the rest of you on this rather quiet newsgroup

Not old hat to me, just a well equipped C6 has more balls than I do. I
ran what was called D-Gas from 1962 till '65 and learned in that short
time that the horse power race would never be won on a working man's
wages. Have not touched an engine to make it "better' since then.
$$$$$$$s equal bragging rights for 2 days to a week and then you start
over.

It takes mega money to be "In it to win it,' but then stupidity helps.