Old March 29th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default WingMan Formula Force Settings, Old Red ONe

test wrote in :

> Yep, using XP, the last time I used this wheel I was using 98,
> I quess that is it , I real shame since it was and is such a
> good wheel., guess I'll just go back to the driving force pro
> PS2 wheel,
>

> "Steve Simpson" > wrote in message
>> >I dug out my old Red Logitech Wingman Formula Force and trying
>> >to find some settings that will work with it for rFactor,
>> >can't seem to get any centering spring, and the forces are a
>> >little week. I use to love this great and still the smoothest
>> >wheel I have ever had.

>> Are you using Windows 2000/XP? Mine had major force feedback
>> problems (including a big performance hit) when I upgraded to
>> WinXP from Win98 - especially in ISI games that use fairly
>> sophisticated FF. Logitech are aware of it but they say that
>> they don't support that old wheel under 2K/XP.

Uh, I'm still using my old LWFF wheel with XP Home (SP2) and can't
distinguish any difference in "feel" between rFactor and GPL. So
I'm not sure whether I'm missing something or whether there really
isn't any big deal about using the old wheel with XP in ISI games.

There is a version of Profiler specifically for the old wheel and
XP, but I forget the version number off-hand. You can probably
find it at WingmanTeam.com.

Do you have the Controller set to WHEEL, FF set to FULL, and the
Strength turned up in the game options? If I max out the strength
setting, I can barely turn the wheel, it's so strong. I think I've
got it turned down to about 60% -- but I'd have to check to be
sure.

HTH,
--
Darryl