Old March 21st 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
shammysham

Default Distributor cap/cover 1997 Civic

On Mar 21, 12:43 am, wrote:
> Is there a good resource online (or could someone tell me ) how
> exactly to remove the distributor cap/cover to clean it and see the
> condition of it, i.e., if there are a lot of carbon deposits, etc. ...
>
> Thanks in advance, for ANY and ALL help!!!

sounds easy enough, depending on the location...all you should need is
your rachet and your screwdriver, and when u remove it if u see carbon
deposits...just a little isn't a big deal, if it's corroded, then you
may consider changing it...but depending on what problem you are
having it could be a waste of money. (saying this because I wasted
money changing a cap and rotor for my integra long ago when it was
really the distributor itself) But it should be easy enough.