Old September 1st 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kruse

Default Question on 1966 Mustang 3 speed transmission

On Sep 1, 12:06 am, " >
wrote:
> Hi - sorry for being vague in my initial question - it is the 3 speed
> stick and not the C4 auto that I am refering to

I read your initial post and I suspected you were referring to a
stick, but wasn't quite sure. Anyway, the early Mustang three speed
was not as strong as the toploader or the Borg Warner, but don't let
that keep you from buying the car. You could always upgrade to a
better tranny and the car would not lose any value.

At one time I owned a '66 with a 200 and a three speed stick. That
tranny was WEAK. I remember I tore out second gear in it, but at the
time I was too poor to fix it so I just went from 1st to 3rd. Hey, it
got me to school.