Old November 21st 05, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Is this statement true?

"N8N" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> oh geez. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER USE FRAM. FRAM = UNMITIGATED ****.
> You could seriously wad up your feces, put it in an orange can, and
> install it on your engine, and it would be as good as a Fram filter.

Maybe NAPA Gold or one from the dealer then? Advance Auto Part sales has
some type of "gold" line of their own filters.

It's unfortunate I already bought about 10-15 of the Fram (and Purolator)
ones a few years ago for my car, while on sale. Oh well.

> Sounds like you're learning to a) become better at seeing potential
> problems and b) having a few lessons in what are quality parts and what
> are not. Pretty soon you probably will reach that Zen-like state where
> you can all but predict what's going to break next, and when...
>
> nate

Yeah, we'll see. Right now I'm trying to do all kinds of last minute
maintenance before winter.

> (whose car hasn't left him stranded, but is vibrating like mad, and I
> can't figure it out.)

Hmmmm. Don't know. Exhaust maybe?

Julie